Tuesday, February 28, 2012

Baby Bonanza

Booties. Blanket. Beanies. Mmmm I love making baby stuff!!

My hubby asked me to make a little something to give to his boss's soon-to-be-born daughter. Seeing as I finally had my mojo back after months of it being on vacation, I obliged. After that, it was a just scrounge through my stash to see what I could possibly come up with! I jumped in and went crazy.

First, I started with a non-traditionally-coloured hat. A simple shell-stitch beanie inspired by the one at The Dainty Daisy. I unfortunately couldn't use her pattern to come out with a size I liked using this yarn, so I had to wing it! Finished it with a little frill along the edge to jazz it up. It wasn't enough, so I added a heart too :)


Then I (obviously!) needed to add some non-traditionally-coloured booties. I tried a Mary-Jane style, but after 3 attempts at different patterns I gave up and opted for a more traditional bootie instead.  



I am so happy how these both turned out :)


Thanks for stopping by,
post signature

7 comments:

  1. What a darling set! The baby will look adorable in them! Thanks for stopping by my blog.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Adorable! I love making baby stuff too, it is so fun and satisfying.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice job, those both turned out so cute.

    ReplyDelete
  4. The hat and booties look lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you all so much :) I am anxiously awaiting baby's arrival so I can see her in them!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving a "hello"! You've really made my day :)